Friday, August 8, 2008

Lucky 8... or 5?

The Chinese believe 8 is a lucky number. Numerologist say the number 8 means achievement, abundance, strength and grandeur. Many people believe today, 8/8/08, will be a lucky day. Today also just so happens to be Friday and who doesn’t love Fridays?

Friday is the perfect day to share my book pick which came out within the past 8 days. If you are on Shelfari, Goodreads or LibraryThing you may have already read my opinion, but did you also notice the number of stars The Lace Reader earned from me? I am extremely stingy with my stars, so for Brunonia Barry’s debut to receive 5, this should be considered a great honor!


Beautifully written, poignant and intriguing. Each word is woven like a delicate thread into this powerful novel by Brunonia Barry. History, romance, and mystery in a perfect blend to create the most compelling read of the year.



I prefer not to know anything about a book before reading it so I had no clue what I was getting myself into with this one. I’m not going to share any information with you, either. If you choose to know the characters, plot, twists and turns before opening the cover, you will have no trouble finding that information, but I will not spoil the story for you. The only complaint I have is that I wasn’t able to finish and then restart the entire book in one sitting.

What about you?
Did you read anything exciting in the past 8 days?
Do you like to know everything about a book before opening the cover or do you cherish the surprise?
And, do you believe today will be a lucky day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment