Friday, August 22, 2008

All good things must come to an end...

I feel as if I am in mourning. Tears were actually shed on my way to work. For Edgar and Almondine. For the unfortunate end of their story. A story filled with such passion and fury and loneliness and longing. A story I foolishly believed would come to it’s conclusion long after I lost interest and was ready to read the happily ever after and move on to the next. There is no moving on from The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. He will be with me now for the rest of my days. I can only envy David Wroblewski who completed his life’s purpose with depth and beauty. How can I begin another book without feeling let down? How can another possibly compare to the one I just finished?

How about you?
What books have you read that seized your very soul and wouldn’t let go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment