Friday, February 15, 2008

Pondering Politics

I am not a political person. I consider myself well informed if I have some idea who is running, much less what they stand for. This is actually to my advantage in the retail business. People love to talk politics and I am easily able to nod and smile without offending or being offended. Truthfully, I am more than a little confused by the comments I hear this year. I should vote for this one because of the color of his skin or that one because of her gender. Gosh, I thought my decision should be based on each candidate’s beliefs and their capabilities of leading our country or maybe just the candidate most likely to do the least amount of damage.

I recently came across this commentary by Walter E Williams that caused me to stand up and cheer. This gives a whole new meaning of government. Do we want the government to give us money, jobs and housing when we can’t make it on our own? Sounds good to me! Do we want them to choose our doctors , tell us what we can and can’t eat, what we can and can’t do in our own homes and businesses, how much we should weigh, or what we should name our children? Where do we draw the line?

I know you have very strong opinions, so let me have it!
While you are at it can you tell me why there aren't a dozen new books out about McCain?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment