Friday, October 23, 2009

My Life in Video

I missed posting last week and for this I apologize, although, given the choice, I would do it all over again. For years my sister attended the Women of Faith Conference in St. Paul, MN. This year she wanted to share the experience with me. Two days away from the store and my family! This was a big step for me, but one I reluctantly took. And I’m thankful I did!

There was a terrific lineup of speakers and musicians including Steven Curtis Chapman , Patsy Clairmont , Lisa Harper , and Marilyn Meberg. My sister especially enjoyed Sheila Walsh as she discussed letting go and is currently reading the book.

I admit, after hearing Lisa Whelchel, The Facts of Life theme song swam through my head the rest of the weekend, but the performance I most enjoyed would have to be by Anita Renfroe. She really hit home. In fact, the way she described her life, it could have been my life. You’ll just have to watch and see what I’m talking about.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Cathy for leaving everything behind for a night!
    Wow you're good at facebook!! Isn't Anita even more funny when you can actually hear all of the words. So funny! I like the dad's song. Ask your mom, Ask your mom (the end). :)
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or the grandma's song. Whatever you want, whatever you want (the end)

    ReplyDelete

Comment