Friday, February 13, 2009

What Percent are You?

While driving to work one morning I tuned in to a radio call in contest which really caught my attention. The question was, “What percent of women would rather receive a novel than sexy lingerie for Valentines Day?” The three gentleman callers all guessed in the 60%-70% range, which surprised me. Apparently they do know who the lingerie is really for. This is February in Wisconsin. Am I the only one wearing three layers and wrapped in a quilt? My husband and I recently celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary, so maybe that has something to do with it.

I decided to run my own pole on the subject and I can say the results didn’t surprise me in the least. 100% of the women in my household would rather receive a novel than lingerie or flowers. Chocolate was a toss up. A box of chocolate to devour while reading the new novel would be the perfect gift for Valentines Day or any other day. That is the opinion of my daughter and I anyway.

How about you?
What book do you think would make a great Valentines Day gift?
Something by Nicholas Sparks? Stephen King? A cookbook or a book of poems?
Or are you one of another generation who would still prefer the lingerie

1 comment:

  1. Interesting poll. I just read here:

    http://whatpercent.com/opinion/being-single-is-better-than-being-married/91

    that most woman would actually prefer to be single than have a man at all! I think there are plenty of women out there whom would actually prefer the lingerie but may be a bit too shy to say so?

    ReplyDelete

Comment