Friday, July 18, 2008

Life is Like an Old Pop-Up

Last Friday is lost to me and by next Friday I will be another year older. Realization dawned on me when I noticed the trailer hidden among the weeds in our yard. Isn’t it about time we get rid of that old piece of junk? I asked my husband. The trailer started as a pop-up camper which my family spent some of the best weekends of my life in when I was a little girl. We grew up and moved on and the camper was passed on to an uncle. Once his kids grew up, the camper made it full circle back to me. We spent many weekends with our own kids in the camper until the tarp could no longer hold any more duct tape and we eventually turned that old camper into a trailer. It may not look as good as it use to, but it still serves a purpose, just not the one it was originally meant for. Isn’t that trailer about the same age as you? my husband responded.
I suppose my life isn’t so different from that old camper. My kids are getting older and my life is taking on a new purpose and I know I’m not alone. Many of us take new directions in our life, either by choice or happenstance. Many of us want to make sure we are doing everything we can to have a happy life, which is obvious by looking at the bestsellers lists. The Secret , Quantum Wellness, Soul Wisdom, A New Earth , You Can Heal Your Life, The Power of Now , The Purpose-Driven Life , and Your Best Life Now . I have another personal favorite, Critical Choices that Change Lives .

What about you?
Have you found an inspiring book that changed your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment