Friday, April 11, 2008

A Duck and a Polar Bear ...


Wednesday night I sat through two and a half hours of Idol Gives Back only to discover I would have to sit through another hour on Thursday to find out who would be eliminated. Okay, truthfully I watched about 15 minutes of the program considering the fact that I flipped channels during every commercial, African visit, guest singer, etc. I was watching, after all, to find out who would be eliminated! It’s not that I don’t have a heart and that I don’t think the program is all for a good cause, but it is called AMERICAN Idol, so I do have trouble understanding why a large chunk of change will be sent to Uganda, Zambia, Angola, Madagascar, and Mali. There are plenty of children living in poverty right here in America.

Thankfully on Thursday I was able to enjoy Survivor when the “hidden immunity idol” finally came into play. What a riot! Right after tribal counsel I flipped back to American Idol
to find out the results. What a complete shock! I don’t know which idol should have been sent packing, but definitely not *this one!
*I so wanted to include a picture, but I don’t want to be a spoiler, so this will have to do.

So, how do I tie the fact that I wasted 3 1/2 hours of my life in front of the TV this week with books? Obviously I should have been reading instead! This weekend we will have the perfect weather to curl up and read. Do you have any suggestions on titles which will wash away my Idol anger?

How often can you include a duck and a polar bear to describe the weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment